DHP-308AV PowerLine AV+ Mini Network Adapter
The DHP-308AV Powerline AV+ Mini Adapter is compliant with the HomePlug AV standard and uses your home's existing electrical wiring to create a network or extend your existing network.1 It turns any power outlet into a network connection to access digital media devices, game consoles, print servers, computers, and network storage devices throughout your home.
· Over 200 Mbps2 through PowerLine Network
· Small and compact allows adapter to be less obstructive
· Easily connect and secure Home Network with push button security
· Extend your existing wireless network coverage for Your Entire Home or Office1
· Plug & Play Installation
· QoS Support to Prioritize Internet Traffic
· Connect Computers, Game Consoles, or Media Players to the Web
· Supports secure wireless encryption using WPA or WPA2
· Fast Ethernet Ports for Wired Network Speeds
· D-Link Green Product
Powerline AV+ for Bandwidth-Intensive Applications
The DHP-308AV features Powerline AV+, enabling it to deliver data at speeds of over 200 Mbps, higher than regular Powerline AV products. This rapid transmission speed makes it ideal for bandwidth-intensive applications, which guarantees smooth HD video streaming, VoIP calls, and lag-free online gaming experiences. This device provides ample network bandwidth, enabling digital home consumers to tap into existing electrical wiring for high-quality multimedia streaming.
Convenient Setup and Secure Operation
The DHP-308AV plugs directly into a power outlet, and does not require any additional cables. Extend your home network by connecting multiple devices in the farthest corners of your home, or attach a switch or wireless access point to the adapter for additional connectivity. For convenient setup, an encryption key can be quickly configured with the push of a button. The adapter implements 128-bit AES data encryption to protect the network from unauthorized wire-tapping. With hassle-free plug and play installation, the DHP-308AV is an ideal solution to create a wall-to-wall home network.
The DHP-308AV incorporates a power-saving mode to comply with the European Energy Using Product (EuP) Directive. If no data transmission or reception occurs over a certain period of time, the adapter will automatically go into sleep mode to save power, reducing power usage by more than 70% and allowing you to save energy automatically, without sacrificing performance.
A QoS engine will analyze and separate the traffic of the DHP-308AV into multiple data streams. This allows for smooth streaming of Internet Protocol Television (IPTV), HD video, and lag-free online gaming because the most demanding data streams are automatically given priority.
1. Power outlets and electrical wiring must all be part of the same electrical system. Certain electrical conditions in your home, such as wiring condition and configuration, may affect the performance of this product. Additional D-Link Powerline AV series products are required to add new devices to the network. A minimum of two D-Link Powerline AV series products are required to create a network. Connecting this product to a power strip with a surge protector may adversely affect the performance of this product. For best results, plug the adapter directly into a wall outlet.
2. Powerline AV+ products feature a more efficient processor than current 200 Mbps Powerline AV products to provide better performance and coverage. Maximum throughput is based on theoretical transmission PHY rate. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of traffic and network overhead, may lower actual data throughput rate. Interference from devices that emit electrical noise, such as vacuum cleaners and hair dryers, may adversely affect the performance of this product. This product may interfere with devices such as lighting systems that have a dimmer switch or a touch-sensitive on/off feature, short wave radios, or other Powerline devices that do not follow the HomePlug AV standard.
All references to speed are for comparison purposes only. Product specifications, size and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted on the package.