Systems & Specials
TasTech Computers Terms & Conditions
Terms Used"The seller" refers to TasTech Ltd.
"The buyer" refers to any legal entity purchasing from the seller.
Where the seller accepts the buyer's order these terms and conditions (together with the acceptance) constitute the entire agreement between the seller and the buyer and it is expressly agreed that there are no other understandings, representations or warranties of any kind (express or implied) forming part of this contract.
The seller's website and advertising only constitute an invitation to treat. Ordering goods (online or otherwise) constitutes an offer by the buyer to buy in accordance with these terms and conditions. The seller's acceptance occurs (and the contract is formed) when the goods are dispatched to the buyer.
- Prices, specifications and eta's of goods are subject to change without notice. Any errors or omissions are excepted.
- The seller reserves the right to cancel any order without explanation prior to delivery of goods. In such an event the seller will provide a full refund of the total purchase amount paid to the buyer.
- The seller makes no claim that goods will work in conjunction with other goods, nor that goods will be compatible with any operating system or any other software or hardware.
- The buyer shall ensure that the goods ordered are fit and suitable for the purpose for which they are required, and the seller is under no liability if they are not.
- The buyer shall ensure that all componentry is installed in a static free environment by a qualified service technician in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications. that goods will be compatible with any operating system or any other software or hardware.
- The seller uses the symbols 'KB/Kb/kb', 'MB/Mb/mb', 'GB/Gb/gb', 'TB/Tb/tb' interchangeably. The precise mathematical definition will vary depending on the context in which they used. Please check with the product manufacturer if you require certainty.
- If the goods are for business purposes the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 will not apply.
- The buyer agrees that the seller has no liability to any purchaser of the goods from the buyer. The buyer's rights are not assignable without the prior written consent of the seller.
- Any advertised cashback offers are solely between the buyer and the manufacturer. The seller does not guarantee such offers are valid or accurate, and advises the buyer to check all amounts, timeframes, terms and conditions independently with the manufacturer prior to purchase.
Warranty & Returns
- Certain goods supplied may have a limited warranty. All goods are subject to the manufacturer’s warranty conditions only. The seller makes no representations or warranties in respect to the goods.
- The warranty will be deemed void if goods are found physically damaged, tampered with, or any labels removed/tampered with.
- The warranty does not cover damage from misuse, accident, negligent, improper operation, maintenance, installation, modification or adjustment.
- The buyer is entitled to only such benefits as the seller may receive under any guarantee given to the seller by the manufacturer of the goods.
- A written fault description, copy of the original invoice, and a valid RMA number must accompany any return of goods. Charges may be levied should any testing be required to identify a fault.
- A non-refundable charge may be levied if the goods are deemed not faulty.
- The seller does not guarantee that goods returned for warranty replacement will be replaced with new goods. If the replacement item is not brand new it will be of a similar age and it will be tested as to be not faulty and in good condition.
- The seller reserves the right to substitute goods of a similar nature as specified by the manufacturer when an exact model replacement is not available.
- The warranty period on replacement goods remains the same as that of the original goods and does not restart from the replacement date.
- Onsite manufacturer warranties are only applicable to specific main centres and may have additional conditions attached. It is the buyer's responsibility to check these conditions with the manufacturer and to cover any additional freight costs when outside these areas.
- The acceptance of non-faulty goods for return is solely at the discretion of the seller. Non-faulty goods accepted for return may incur a restocking fee up to 25% of the invoiced price. Requests for non-faulty returns must be made within 7 days from date of supply. Software products cannot be returned for credit.
- The seller shall not be liable for consequential, indirect or special damages or loss of profits under any circumstances.
- The buyer is solely reponsible for all data on purchased goods. The seller accepts no liability for loss of data and recommends the practise of regular backups to a separate storage medium of at least daily frequency.
- No other warranties either express or implied by law are made with respect to the goods.
- Any quotations of delivery times by the seller are made in good faith but are estimates and the seller shall not be bound by such quotation.
- All courier/freight charges will be the responsibility of the buyer and must be prepaid.
- Within 7 days of receipt of consignment the buyer must ensure that all goods received are in good order and condition.
- Any claims for damage or loss in transit must be made against the carrier.
- Insurance cover of goods whilst in transit is the sole responsibility of the buyer.
- The seller is not responsible for goods damaged or lost in transit. When goods are delivered to the carrier the seller's responsibility ceases. No claims for damage or loss will be considered unless received in writing within 7 days (14 days for loss).
- The seller shall not be liable to the buyer for any loss or damage directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with any delay in delivery of the goods, where such delay or failure is caused directly or indirectly by an act of God, fire, armed conflict, labour dispute, civil commotion, intervention of a government, inability to obtain labour, materials or facilities and accidents, interruptions of, or delay in transportation or any other cause beyond the seller's control.
- Payment in full for goods supplied shall be made by the buyer prior to delivery.
- The Title of the goods does not pass to the buyer until the goods are paid for in full.
- The seller reserves the right to charge penalty interest of 24% per annum on outstanding debts.
- Any expenses, disbursements and legal costs incurred by the seller in the enforcement of outstanding debts shall be paid by the buyer including but not limited to solicitor’s fees and/or debt collection agency fees.
- The buyer acknowledges and agrees that these terms and conditions constitute a security agreement for the purposes of section 36 of the Personal Property Securities Act 1999, and a security interest in the goods is given in favour of the seller.
- Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by the seller, the buyer waives its right to receive a verification statement in accordance with section 148 of the PPSA.